Bestpass is always looking for motivated, hard-working candidates for various positions throughout the company. If you’re interested in working for a business that values their employees and their contribution to its growth, then put yourself on our radar.
Bestpass, Inc., is a national leader in electronic bypass and toll road discounting and management services for commercial fleets. Named one of the Capital Region's Best Places to Work for three consecutive years and ranked sixth on the Albany Business Review's 2016 list of Fastest-Growing Companies in the Capital Region of New York, at Bestpass, you will find a collaborative work culture that is dedicated to employees' personal growth and development. Our fun and casual work environment stimulates creative thinking and encourages employees to challenge themselves to better serve our customers. Come join a team of passionate professionals that works hard, makes a difference and has some fun along the way!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Enhanced Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Incentive Program
- Fun, informal workspace
- Smart, creative, and caring teammates
- Casual dress code
- Vacation transponder
- AAA discounts available
- Bonusly Program
- On-site dry cleaning services
- Snacks & Drinks
Senior .NET Developer
Senior .NET Developer
Senior .NET Developer at Bestpass Inc.
We are looking for smart, articulate team players who know how to get things done. We need team members with a drive to build a world-class development shop that fulfills the spirit of the agile manifesto and scores well on the Joel test and the Nokia test. We are looking for pragmatic programmers who value proven design patterns over new trends. The right candidate will be happy to help their colleagues succeed and at the same time, produce elegant code of which they can be proud.
The Senior .NET Developer will work with internal teams, external vendors, and external customers to design, develop, customize, configure, test, deploy and support software in the .NET framework in support of Bestpass’ back office account management, invoicing and payment platform. Key objectives include improving security, speed, reliability, maintainability, and scalability among others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable testable code using .NET programming languages
- Write unit tests for testing
- Design before coding
- Produce the minimal amount of documentation necessary to describe the code
- Methodically debug new and existing code and systems
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, identifying areas for modification and improvement, and proposing an action plan
- Independently research and resolve complex technical problems
- Serve as a technical expert on the systems for which you are responsible
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for their merit and usefulness
Experience and Competencies Desired:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and/or multiple years’ .NET development experience on a variety of projects
- Strong background in object-oriented development techniques
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and multiple agile and lean methodologies other than Scrum
- Familiarity with transaction processing, finance, and credit card processing
- Ability to identify the simplest approach that will fully meet the stated present and future requirements
- Capability to recognize anti-patterns and creating alternative solutions
- Will to take time to properly fix problems instead of patching
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding that removing code is as important as writing code
- Ability to adapt and push for change
- Ability to work under own initiative, self-directed
- C#, ASP.Net, VB.Net, SQL Server
- Advanced database design and management
- Windows Presentation Foundation, Entity Framework
If you have the drive to do things right and take pride in using best practices, come join our team.
Sales Manager at Bestpass Inc.
We’re looking for a self-starting, high energy professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in sales. The individual must have the desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture.
What you will do:
- Manage sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees as well as ongoing monitoring, coaching and appraising job results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for Inside Sales Representatives; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new services.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Continually review and analyze pipeline and lead data.
- Work with internal teams on behalf of customers to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams and foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for leadership review.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure brand consistency and increase sales.
- Meeting with the sales team to assess company performance against KPI’s.
- Ensure the organization has an effective sales training program. Ensuring the CRM is being used effectively.
- Implement an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process.
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques throughout the department.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Proven track record to drive the sales process from plan to close
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Proficient with CRM software (SalesForce highly preferred) and MS Excel
- Build and maintain an open communication environment.
Director of Customer Service
Director of Customer Service
Director of Customer Service
The Director of Customer Service is accountable for delivering a one-of-a-kind customer experience by leveraging the Bestpass culture, people, process and product. The position oversees the Customer Service teams with its core objective to simplify and strengthen the customer experience and build customers’ loyalty by listening to feedback, understanding reasons for dissatisfaction and identifying opportunities to improve.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement customer service policies and processes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction at all levels.
- Oversee customer issues and ensures effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Set measurable and actionable performance standards to meet service goals of the company.
- Provide feedback to senior leadership regarding service failures and/or customer concerns.
- Oversee Customer Service and Fulfillment teams. Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s goals. Coach, develop and instill personal accountability. Monitor team participants for growth opportunities and provide regular feedback.
- Participate in the Operations Team to develop and execute business plans, operational goals and performance metrics that drive productivity and ensure a high level of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure assigned departments budgets/operating costs (revenue, expenses, etc.) are established, communicated and maintained in conjunction with the overall company strategies.
- Drive continual improvement in people, technology, processes, and service.
- Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery.
- Support our product team on the exploration and execution of product developments to improve the customer experience and team efficiencies
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- 10+ years’ experience managing customer service teams
- Ability to be a positive and highly effective collaborator; demonstrated ability to influence all employees from front-line to senior leaders
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills
- Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and to mitigate potential risk
- Proven ability to manage, lead, and scale a team
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Adept and comfortable managing in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead through influence and work cross-functionally to gain consensus and a strong commitment for action
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Communications, or related discipline
Bestpass, Inc., is seeking a professional SQL Specialist to keep our database up and running smoothly 24/7. You will work with internal teams, external vendors, and external customers to design, develop, customize, configure, test, deploy and support database software in the .NET framework in support of our back-office account management, invoicing and payment platform. Your key objectives include improving security, speed, reliability, maintainability, and scalability.
The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. The candidate we want will be involved in the planning and development of databases, troubleshooting system issues, report writing, SQL tuning and data warehouse maintenance.
We are looking for smart, articulate team players who know how to get things done. We need team members with a drive to build a world-class development shop that fulfills the spirit of the agile manifesto and scores well on the Joel test and the Nokia test. We are looking for pragmatic programmers who value proven design patterns over new trends. The right candidate will be happy to help their colleagues succeed and at the same time, produce elegant code of which they can be proud. While we offer a flexible work environment, the successful candidate will work primarily at the Bestpass headquarters in Albany, NY.
What you will do:
- Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department operations; evaluating existing systems, and reviewing plans for new designs
- Maintain a data warehouse
- Write reports
- Work collaboratively with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Troubleshoot system issues like high CPU usage, blocking, long running queries
- Map out the conceptual designs for planned database changes considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Install and test new versions of the DBMS
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Support efforts to increase security to comply with PCI and SOC-2 principles
- Ensure database backup for disaster recover
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational colleagues to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Create test databases to support software development quality control
Take initiative in performance, working independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
What you should have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with database development and end user applications utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of database design, documentation and coding
- Prior experience designing and implementing a data warehouse
- Familiarity with data backup, recovery and security
- Previous experience with DBA CASE tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity working with .NET framework
- Familiarity with programming language APIs
- Experience working with high volume OLTP databases a plus
- An ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good task estimation and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and efficiently
- BS in computer science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Network Administrator at Bestpass Inc.
We are seeking a strong Network Admin who will provide technical management of computers, software, networks and other IT infrastructure critical to our core business. You will perform day-to-day hands-on support and simultaneously guide our strategic efforts to ensure capacity, availability, and productivity, ensuring success by building IT infrastructure and creating state of the art ITIL and DevOps practices. You will dig in and understand our business goals and provide cost-effective integrated solutions to support current and future work.
We operate three types of environments:
- Standard office computing, networks and printing for 75 people
- Software application development and testing for 10 developers
- Commercial financial transaction system VM host and network processing hundreds of thousands of transactions and millions of dollars daily
What will you do?
- Provide direct end-user support for workstations, applications, and network accounts.
- Manage contracts with existing 3rd party IT support and technology provider(s), setting roles and expectations and evaluates vendor performance.
- Improve the security posture by implementing best practices for access management, segmentation, encryption, tokens, certificates, DMZs, and SIEM.
- Design and implement an enterprise performance monitoring solution.
- Create policies that balance security, cost and business velocity.
- Protect data assets.
- Oversee third-party suppliers and service vendors.
- Plan, implement and routinely test data back-up, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Design, configure and monitor system performance, implement corrective action and establish plans for future system upgrades.
- Ensure system reliability; analyze performance bottlenecks on network, systems and the overall IT infrastructure. Make recommendations and implement approved recommendations for memory, storage, communications bandwidth, and network capacity.
- Develop and enforce IT standards, methodologies, compliance and quality assurance practices.
- Prioritize IT tasks and escalate issues to management, when necessary.
- Maintain inventory and configuration of computer systems hardware, operating systems and administrative software; ensures all are maintained in accordance with company security standards and requirements.
- Manage rollout of software updates and hardware upgrades with minimal user impact.
- Keep abreast of changes in standards, technologies and methodologies to assure ongoing security and efficiency.
Do you have these skills and experience?
- 4+ years of experience in IT environment with broad technologies and functions in a technical support role.
- Flexible/adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment. Ability to work flexible hours to support planned maintenance and off-hour support.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, VMware, SQL Server, IIS, SSRS and Veeam.
- Install, configure and support of non-computing IT infrastructure:
- Avaya telephone system/ IP Office
- Physical security, CCTV, building access control
- Evaluate and recommend cloud computing options
- Budget and control IT operating budgets
- Knowledge of monitoring systems like Solarwinds, ServiceNow, Zabbix and Nagios
- Draft, review, and/or update all IT-related policies, with input from relevant stakeholders for PCI PA-DSS, SOC-2, GAPP, etc.
- Manage SharePoint for:
- Site collections (websites)
- Wiki functionality
- Concurrent document editing
- Document library with version control
- Workflow (document routing with approval)
Bestpass has grown from being a small start-up to large transaction processor and on its way to being a large financial enterprise. We are carefully creating a robust, secure, fast environment to keep up with the constant growth of our business. We want someone who has a strong sense of ‘how to do things right’ and a drive to make improvements.
If you want to do great work you can be proud of with the backing of senior management who understand IT, we want to hear from you!
Don't see a position for you? We'd like to know what you could bring to our team. Please send us a PDF of your resumé. We will keep it on ﬁle and if something becomes available, perhaps we'll talk!
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please attach your resume here! If you’re a good fit for us, we'll be in touch.